Mount Batur Sunrise Trekking for Beginner
Up for a new adventure? Mount Batur Trekking is one of the most recommended trips that you must try when you are in Bali. Get your name listed as one of the hikers for sunrise trekking to see the wonderful view surrounded by a wonderful volcano mountain.
Wake up early morning at 2 am to be picked up from your hotel and join the sunrise trekking. Prepare yourself for a tough journey because you will climb steep slopes until the summit. Afraid of miscommunication during the trip? No worries! You will be assisted by an English-speaking tour guide along the journey.
So, before we explain more about Mount Batur Trekking for beginners, let’s find out fun facts about it.
- Located in the Kintamani highlands, on the northeast part of Bali island.
- Approximately 2 hours’ drive from Kuta, Canggu, and Sanur, or about 1.5 hours’ drive from Ubud.
- Or if you stay directly in Kintamani, you can walk to the volcano from your hotel! That’s how we did our latest Mount Batur sunrise trek.
- Since 2015, UNESCO lists the Mount Batur caldera as a global geopark for its fantastic volcanic landscapes.
- The distance: 3 – 5 kilometers (2-3 miles) return
- Elevation Gain: 500 meters (1,650 feet)
- Top Elevation: 1,717 meters (5,633 feet)
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 2 – 4 hours return
- Whether you are a Hindu or not, Mount Batur is well known as an active volcano and is considered one of the most sacred mountains in Hinduism.
- The summit is 1,717 meters above sea level. Along the journey, you will find steep slopes making the route a more challenging yet unforgettable experience.
- You can ask your mountain guide to cook breakfast using the volcano steam.
- You can also visit a traditional Bali coffee processing plant and explore how to make Balinese coffee.
Approximately, you will spend over one to two hours reaching the peak of mount Batur. You will feel an amazing sensation as if you are at the top of the world. Also, you can see the wonderful peak of Mount Abang above the clouds, the beauty of Mount Agung on the horizon, and the beauty of the caldera lake below it.
When you reach the top of the mountain, you can enjoy the sunrise while having breakfast cooked from the volcano steam. You can take time to immerse yourself at the moment and witness the beautiful sunrise view at Mount Batur.
After sunrise, you can explore the other amazing views at Mount Batur, three younger craters, and the new lava flows. When you go trekking, you will see the beautiful volcanic landscape and maybe bump into a gang of mountain monkeys sitting on the rocks.
Already tired and want to relax your sore muscle? You can try to add another fantastic trip to local hot springs. The hot springs are just down the road from Bali Sunrise Villas, and you can rejuvenate your skin after the challenging mount Batur trekking. It would be an unforgettable experience to heal your sore muscle and refresh your body in the volcanically heated pools or cool down in the cold freshwater pools.